Saturday, June 13, 2009

Workaround for Some Instances of Win 7 WiFi Problem

One of the very few real broken bits in the Win 7 RC is a WiFi problem. The current thread on Microsoft TechNet is here.

On at least a few laptops, the following is a dependable if annoying workaround.

  1. Turn off the WiFi with the laptop hardware switch (“airplane mode”)
  2. Open Start –> Computer –> Manage –> Device Manager –> Network Adapters
  3. Right-click and disable the wireless adapter
  4. Wait a bit and verify the OS has completely lost the wireless adapter (by watching the icon in the tray)
  5. Turn on the WiFi with that hardware switch
  6. Right-click and re-enable the wireless adapter
  7. Wait … potentially a couple of minutes for Windows to find the appropriate network, connect, and recognize the route (if applicable) to the Internet

This maneuver is a hassle, to be sure. But it seems to work 100% of the time on some laptops (including mine) and it is much more convenient than rebooting, which is the only other dependable solution.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

i'd wantDiablo 3 items to expressage this question of the penning acquisition as well as power power to defecate viewers translate by way of the starting withinCheapest wow gold of the end.

Anonymous said...

ThisBuy rs gold maneuver is undoubtedly a hassle, to become sure. nonetheless it appears to purpose 100% by technique of the time on some netbooks (including mine) and its a great offer much more useful than
Cheapest Diablo 3 goldrebooting, which may be a common other dependable solution.

Taylor Bara said...

Do you know how to write statement of purpose? read here if you feel like you need a help!

Dakota Leest said...

I need to write a term paper. I want buy blog articles . I think it will help me write a good job and save my time.

Unknown said...



Thank you for the weariness Your information can help me a lot แนะนำเว็บสล็อต Joker

Unknown said...

I read some interesting comments on your blog. I am glad to join you. I use nursing paper writing service often. Many professional writers work there. I'm glad I can get the help I need.